- RSS Channel Showcase 2252151
- RSS Channel Showcase 2342483
- RSS Channel Showcase 7726880
- RSS Channel Showcase 4720166
Articles on this Page
- 03/13/17--12:26: _Announcing: 5 Dolla...
- 03/20/17--07:08: _Meet Jacob Heredos,...
- 03/21/17--07:23: _Featured Linguist: ...
- 03/23/17--10:29: _Fun Fact: Query Edi...
- 03/24/17--09:03: _Featured Linguist: ...
- 03/27/17--08:28: _Meet Clare, Feature...
- 03/28/17--10:36: _Featured Linguist: ...
- 03/29/17--11:12: _A Generous Letter f...
- 03/20/17--07:08: Meet Jacob Heredos, Featured Staff of the week!
- 03/21/17--07:23: Featured Linguist: Gillian Ramchand
- 03/24/17--09:03: Featured Linguist: Osamu Sawada
- 03/27/17--08:28: Meet Clare, Feature LL Staff of the week!
- 03/28/17--10:36: Featured Linguist: Robert A. Coté
- 03/29/17--11:12: A Generous Letter from the Great Trey Jones! (SpecGram)
Hi everyone, We are aware that donating to the LINGUIST List can be taxing to some of the smaller-sized wallets out there. We love to support every Linguist at any stage of their career, and that includes a lot of students! That’s why we’ve decided to put this part of our readership in the spotlight […]
Jacob started at the LINGUIST List as an intern last summer, and once the summer ended, decided to stay on as an atypical staff member! He’s also the Master Mind behind the Geoling Treasure hunts you’ve been trying to solve (by the way, if you haven’t tried this week’s yet, you should really read this […]
My mother is from Scotland and my father is from Trinidad. When those two met in Edinburgh and had kids, they eventually ended up living in the Caribbean, first Jamaica and then Trinidad. The world was less connected then. I grew up in a tropical paradise, which I despised for its smallness and lack of […]
Hey everyone, The Query submission area, while lower in submissions than Jobs, Conferences and Books, is another valuable area of the LINGUIST List. The Query section allows linguists like you to ask research questions and seek participation in studies. This region of the LINGUIST List directly impacts the research that you do. We asked our […]
I grew up in the family of linguists (my father is a linguist, my mother used to be a school teacher), so it is not a coincidence that I became a linguist. (My younger brother also became a linguist.) However, looking back, I see that there were several important turning points and experiences that lead […]
Clare started as an intern last summer at the LINGUIST List, and now also works as a LINGUIST List Editor! She is also the manager of this year’s Fund Drive. Clare comes from Speedway, Indianapolis (read her cool post about her home town here: http://funddrive.linguistlist.org/pages/ClareHarshey/). Here is a letter from her to you: Dear LINGUIST […]
I am not your typical linguist. In fact, my first degree is in meteorology with a minor in math! Despite this, I have always been fascinated with languages – most likely because I grew up in a multilingual environment: my father and his parents spoke Quebecois, my maternal grandmother spoke Pugliese, and my maternal grandfather […]
In Generous Support of the LINGUIST List The brilliant Trey Jones Editor-in-Chief of the hilarious Speculative Grammarian Almost a quarter of a century ago back in the stone age I alone created the brilliant new revolutionary field of subliminal linguistics. And while that brilliant idea may not appear to the ignorant masses to have gone […]